- The International Competition for percussion instruments PENDIM is open to all performers who meet the requirements of age and level of preparation.
- The competition is held in six age groups for individual performers and one group for ensembles.
- The age groups are:
- First age group (1st and 2nd grade)
- Second age group (3rd and 4th grade)
- Third age group (5th and 6th grade)
- Fourth age group (7th and 8th grade)
- Fifth age group (9th and 10th grade)
- Sixth age group (11th and 12th grade)
The average age is decisive for different age groups!
Example: Quartet with participants aged 8, 9, 10 and 12 = 39
39/4 = 9.75 (ie Second age group)
- First age group (average age 7, 8 years)
- Second age group (mean age 9, 10 years)
- Third age group (mean age 11, 12 years).
- Fourth age group
4. Contestants may compete in a higher age group with the respective repertoire.
5. The auditions are open to the public.
6. The adjudicators will work according to the Regulations, accepted and approved by the Organizational Committee and have the right not to award all prizes.
7. All participants may have one scheduled rehearsal in the same hall, where the competition will be held.
8. It is forbidden the competitors who play to music to use copies.
9. The Committee can provide the competitors with accompanists and additional rehearsal rooms upon explicit request in advance.
10. Participants cover their travel and accommodation expenses and accompanist costs.
11. Lots for the order of participation will be officially drawn.
Registration Documents needed
- Application form filled in either in Bulgarian or in English
- Birth certificate – copy
- One color photograph
- Participation fee.
- For the category “Soloists” – in the amount of BGN 80 or EUR 40
- For the category “Ensembles” – in the amount of BGN 50 or EUR 25 per participant from the ensemble.
The fee must be paid into account of Pendim Foundation in:
IBAN: BG29STSA93000028089507, Pendim Competition 2022
DSK Bank EAD
Adress of the bank: Sofia, Moskovska, 19
Paypal Address: email@example.com