- Bogdan Bacanu is one of the defining Marimba players of his generation.
- He studied Marimba at the Mozarteum University Salzburg in the class of Professor Peter Sadlo.
- He became professor of Marimba at the Anton Bruckner Private University in Linz (Austria) when he was 23 years old, and he is the youngest professor of his kind.
- In 1998 Bogdan Bacanu was awarded “Musician of the Year” in Australia.
- In 2010 he was awarded honorary professorship by the University of Sechuan / China.
- He has been invited repeatedly to renowned music festivals such as the The Biennal in Brisbane (Australia), Lockenhaus Musik Festival, Festival Grafenegg, Wörthersee Festspiele, Carinthischer Sommer, Donaufestwochen and ‘les museiques’ Festival Basel (Switzerland).
- Bogdan Bacanu is professor at the International Summer Academy in Salzburg and frequently invited jury member at international competitions.
- Composers like Hannes Schalle (Austria), John Thrower (Canada/Germany), Alexander Müllenbach (Luxembourg/Austria) and Emmanuel Sejourne (France) have composed pieces and concertos dedicated to him which he has released in part on his CDs. His multifaceted discography contains solo recordings as well as recordings with orchestras.
Since 2008 Bogdan Bacanu focuses his performance activities on the „Wave Quartet“, which he founded.